Sunday 9 August 2015

Tremendously Triangular!

Triangoli di Pasta Filo con Feta, Timo & Miele
Filo Pastry Triangles with Feta Cheese Honey & Thyme

 
 
It's still hot, hot, hot and I really can't be bothered to spend too much time standing at a hot stove... And so although it is the oven that I turned to instead, this only took a few minutes to prepare and 10-15 minutes in the oven... So that worked for me today!

And the best thing is, that I made these in the morning, and had them all ready made and crisp and fresh for my supper! So... All I needed to do by then was make a simple side-salad... That's the way to do it when it gets really hot like this!


 

These are great party snacks, sweet and savory and rather traditionally Greek in their flavor... Although I have no idea if anything like this exists there as I have never been! As you can see, they are folded up like Indian samosas... I guess my thoughts get a little mixed up at times!

But filled with feta, spring onion, honey and thyme, these are a Mediterranean treat and lovely as can be with a fresh salad!


 

To make 10 little parcels, I needed 4 sheets of filo pastry, 1/2 a block of feta cheese, 1 spring onion, a little pepper and nutmeg, 1 tablespoon of honey and a few sprigs of fresh thyme.

 

Lovely and light and made as quickly as a toasted sandwich... Now, you've got to like that!

 
 
Simply crumble the cheese, add the onion, chopped as finely as you can manage, the thyme, pepper, nutmeg and honey and stir together...


Take the pastry, in 2 sheets at a time and cut it into equally wide strips- mine were around 3" and brush lightly with olive oil.

 

Add a teaspoon of filling to the end of each strip of pastry.

 

Fold over the end on a diagonal as you can see in the photo.

 

Now fold in the other direction and continue doing so right to the end.
 

Turn on the oven to the highest setting and turn on the griddle too.. We want to get this over with as quickly as possible! Brush with a little more olive oil and pop them in for 6-7 minutes until they are toasted and brown, then flip them over and do the same for the other side.
 
 

Once they are done, add another very light trickle of honey, pop them back in for just one minute (or they will burn!) and you are done!

 

They look simple, they are simple... And they taste simply terrific!

 
 
I made a simple salad of tomatoes and arugula and was as happy as can be... I think you will be too! So light and so yummy... And so much fun!

 

This is the way summer food should taste! Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment