Sunday 2 August 2015

Different Little Fruit & Nut Cakes!

Fritelle Dolce di Albicocca & Ricotta, con Rosmarino, Miele & Pistacchi
Apricot & Rosemary & Ricotta Pancakes with Honey & Pistachio

 

It was Sunday morning, and it just had to be pancakes! I woke up with a craving for them and I knew that nothing else would do... And so what was I to do, other than get myself into the kitchen and make some?!?

Of course, it has to be a slight break from the norm when I make ANYTHING, and so this morning, being as I had some lovely ripe apricots just begging for it, and a last few sprigs of rosemary eager to oblige... Who was I to stand in their way?


 

My favorite thing about preparing these little sweet dishes that I make on a Sunday morning is that it is amazing how little work and ingredients... And sinning... It takes to make something that is a real treat... Like this!

Just a little honey and the natural sweetness of the apricot is enough to make thes lovely little pancakes- and with a hint of herb and spice and a sprinkle of pistachio... All I can say is, who needs any more than that?


 

 To make 6 little pancakes for myself, all I needed was: 4 apricots, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of fresh ricotta, 2 tablespoons of flor, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, a little rosemary, honey and butter... And around 20 minutes time and a frying pan.

 

Simple, yet special... And then so easy... I just know that you want to try them! And if you don't... Then I don't know what's the matter with you!!! Haha, don't mind me... I just want for you to have a nice breakfast- don't hate me for that!

 

Get ready and pay attention, because there is a lot of complicated work involved in preparing these things... Not!!!

Really... All that I did here was to remove the stones from the 3 apricots and add them, together with the egg, 2 tablespoons each of flour and ricotta, the baking powder and cinnamon, about a tablespoons-worth of freshly plucked rosemary and a tablespoon of honey into the blender, and whizz them together for a couple of minutes.

Done.


 

The good thing is, the batter needs to sit for 5-10 minutes, so you can do your washing up in the meantime... And if you are really into multi- tasking, slice up the other apricot to serve on top in a little while...

 

All you need to do now is to fry your little pancakes up... Don't have too much butter in your pan, don't have too high a temperature and let them gently sizzle until you see faint bubbles rising to the surface.

 

Flip them over carefully, repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter... And try not to drool!

These babies were just one heaped spoonful of batter each... You can make them larger if you prefer... But for me- these were just fine!


 
 
Serve with a generous sprinkle of ground pistachio, some fresh apricot slices and a drizzle of honey... And start your day with the biggest and brightest smile ever!

 

It doesn't take much, it doesn't take long, you'll be glad you did it... And you will do it again! Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment