Sunday 23 August 2015

A Brazen Tart!

Torta Salata di Sfoglia in Padella, con Finferli, Feta & Salvia
Puff-Pastry Frying-Pan Tart with Chanterelles, Feta Cheese & Sage

 

I know people talk about me and my tarts- but that's ok! I know that secretly, they are only jealous! Haha! Now, I know I am being silly, but when it comes to tarts that make people happy, I'm your man! And mine are all sooo easy!

I made this fabulous little tart out of some delicious chanterelles, which I simply combined with a couple of sweet, spring onions and some feta cheese, with a hint of sage and nutmeg to give a full flavor and fine aroma. And yes, it was so wickedly and sinfully tasty that it would have made another tart blush!


And of course, using a little common sense, when it came to making a small tart that was just big enough for two, I used a little common sense and my 2 favorite short-cuts in the kitchen... I used a store-bought puff pastry for the crust and a frying pan to bake it in... Which I am sure you have by now already seen many times before on my blog.

 

Small but savory and delicious, this was a great way to make the most of those beautiful yellow chanterelles, bringing out all of their flavor to the most. Plus, it was a good way to use up the rest of the feta cheese that I opened up this morning.

 

First things first... That oven needs to be turned on and to be heated up, hot, hot, hot!

Next, cut the spring onions into bite-size pieces and fry together with the mushrooms and the sage leaves, for around 3-4 minutes until everything is very lightly coated in oil and the onions and mushrooms are about half-cooked.


 

Whilst the mushrooms cool off, take another frying pan, considerably smaller and cut out a circle of pastry that is large enough to overlap the edges by a couple of inches. Lay this into your pan and then crumble most of your feta cheese inside, sprinkle with a little finely chopped parsley and season with pepper and nutmeg.

 

And now, all you need to do of course is to add all of your other goodies on top!

 

Finish with a last, light sprinkle of feta and parsley and prepare to flip that pastry right back over!

 

Fold the edges of the pastry back over, without fussing or working too accurately- it's ok if this thing looks home-made after all! It can be our little secret that it's not!!

Begin by setting your frying pan onto the stove top, turning on the heat and getting things started for 3-4 minutes, before transferring it to the oven.

Bake in a hot oven at 180 C for 35-40 minutes until it is baked through and looking golden and delicious... Never mind smelling incredible as well!


 

And I'm sorry... You can criticize me if you must...but I think that a result like this makes any comments you may have about puff-pastry null and void!

 

But don't take my word for it! Here, grab this slice- it's for you! Take a bite and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment