Sunday 2 October 2011

The Other Butter Pudding

Budino di Fichi, Mandorle, Biscotti & Yogurt
Fig, Almond and Yogurt Cookie Pudding


And so to improvise yet another dessert- one of my favorite things to do when it comes to preparing a meal! I am not much of a baker, so the thought of me preparing a cake or a pastry from scratch is quite a daunting one. But I AM and improvisor, I am good at making something out of nothing- and I am happy to share! And this is what i made today- I am sure you're going to like it! Especially as it is pretty healthy compared to how delicious it is!

Basically, all I did was to break up some butter cookies into nice bite-sized chunks. I am talking about those very simple, eggy and basic cookies and this is a great way to make use of them after they have become stale. Stir a couple of spoons of plain yogurt into the cookies and add just enough for them to become a fairly compact mass. Add some lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg and pour out onto a baking dish. If you are making this for adults, add a nice splash of Cointreau... making it for children- don't.

Now slice your fig thinly and distribute the slices evenly around in the mixture- just slide the slices in-between the pieces of cookie- it is very easy. Once you are done, poke a few almonds in-between the cookies and figs, sprinkle lightly and put into a hot oven for 10 minutes. By now the fig slices should be softening up nicely and giving off their juices, which will in turn melt the sugar. Now turn on the broiler for a minute or two to brown things off gently... and grab yourself a spoon and get ready to enjoy a fantastic and elegant little dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment