Saturday 15 October 2011

Fruity-Beauty!

Budino di Biscotti & Yogurt con Uva & Prugne
Fresh Plum and Grape Cookie Pudding


It was time for a little treat again this morning- and there I was, trying to decide if I should have a mug of coffee and a handful of cookies, or have a healthy snack and just eat some fruit. I had some lovely, Sicilian seedless grapes and some fresh local plums... decisions, decisions! 


Well, I couldn't make up my mind, so I decided to make another of my little butter-cookie "puddings"... and had the best of both worlds!



So all I did was break up some butter cookies into nice bite-sized chunks stir a couple of spoonfuls of plain yogurt into them and flavor the mixture with a pinch of salt, some cinnamon, a hint of nutmeg and some freshly grated orange zest. This is a great way to make use of old cookies after they have become stale and is particularly now that the Fall is upon us and we might prefer to indulge in a hot, sweet snack... because I most definitely did not wait for this to cool down before enjoying it- and somehow I don't think you will either!

Spoon the soft cookie and yogurt mixture into a ramekin- I used baking paper to line mine but you can easily well lightly butter the sides- and then press the plum and grape slices into the soft cookie mix. Sprinkle lightly with sugar and bake in a moderate oven for 10-15 minutes until hot and fluffy and then turn on the broiler for a further 2-3 minutes to lightly caramelize the sugar- easy! Another pretty little sweet dish that you can easily whip-up at any time! It may not be fine cuisine- but it sure tastes delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment