Monday 18 March 2013

So Tasty Pastry!

Pasta Sfoglia con Cime di Rapa, Olive, Pomodoro Secco & Mozzarella
Puff-Pastry with Cime di Rapa, Olives, Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Mozzarella


It is Monday evening... first day of the week and crazy-hectic... 11 hours of work, tired, frustrated and more than anything... HUNGRY! Well- what would you do? Me- I made this incredibly delicious and unbelievably quick and easy treat here :-) You didn't really think I was going to order a pizza now, did you?

I had some lovely, young, tender cime di rapa, which I love and the omnipresent olives and sun-dried tomatoes that give away the fact that I am Sicilian... and I had puff pastry... and mozzarella... and it just happened! So hate me! Either that or follow my lead and make this for yourselves- because you know you are going to love it! And love is better than hate! ;-)


This was another of my quicker-than-quick meals... at 9.00pm it had to be... I was starving!
So the first thing that I did was to steam the cime for 10 minutes, until they were lovely and soft and tender. Whilst that was happening, I did the tiny amount of prep-work that was necessary... I sliced up a shallot, 2 sun-dried tomatoes and 3 olives... that's all it took to make this little beauty!

My next step, was rather unorthodox... but that is just the way I am! I placed my sheet of puff pastry onto my non-stick grill pan and popped it onto the stove top at maximum heat... sounds crazy I know! Once the edges began to brown (and it began to puff-up like crazy!), I carefully lifted it out of the pan with my tongues and flipped it over. 

In the meantime, the cime were steamed and good- so I pressed down on them to reduce any excess water in them and set them on top of the pastry. I added the shallot, the olives, the sun-dried tomatoes and just a little mozzarella spread out here and there. I added a sprinkle of chili flakes and nutmeg and popped it into the oven, under the broiler, for just 2-3 minutes until the mozzarella melted and began to brown... and basically until I began to drool! 

You can't get much easier... or tastier than that! Hope you give it a go and hope you like the combination as much as I did! Buon apetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment