Thursday 24 January 2013

It's Never Too Late for Breakfast!

Budino di Brioche e Albicocca al Forno
Baked Brioche Pudding with Apricot


No, I didn't miss my breakfast this morning because I was too late- I even managed to pick up a brioche quickly that I was intending to eat- everything was ok! Well, except for the sub-zero temperatures and having to wait outside in the cold for my ride. And he wasn't late either- so off we went to do a busy days photo-shooting, off to the market hall to pick up fresh produce,  then straight to the studio to get to work whilst things looked wonderful and fresh, loving my job and eager to get going...

...and that's exactly what I did! I leapt head-first into my busy, busy day and forgot all about breakfast! Only when I took the tram back home did I discover the bag in my backpack containing my lovely breakfast brioche with raisins... now stale and a little less than wonderful!

So, obviously this is simply a bread pudding that I have conjured-up here... but it put my little breakfast treat to good use, warmed me up in the evening and tasted mighty fine whilst earning its redemption! 

To make it I simply whisked an egg together with two cups of milk, added a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of cinnamon. I then carefully cut the brioche into slices and then dipped them in the egg and milk mix. Once they were moist and had softened up, I arranged them in a little ramekin, filling it from the outside inwards. Easy. I poured the excess egg/milk back over the slices to make sure they stayed nice and moist. But then decided that I wanted to add something else, to add a little bit more flavor. After beginning to wish I had spread the brioche with jam for example. or doing something to pep up the flavor... I came upon the idea of slicing a couple of dried apricots and sliding them at equal intervals around, between the slices of brioche... that way, they would warm up and infuse the milk and egg mix as they baked... pretty good idea!

Into the oven it went for half an hour at around 300° F, on  middle shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment