Friday 3 April 2015

Small Wonderful

Piccola Torta di Banana, Pistacchio, Fiocchi d'Avena, Noce & Mirtilli Americani
Little Banana, Pistachio, Oatmeal, Walnut & Cranberry Cake

 

Another little cake for breakfast, for me, myself and I- not much more than a banana-oatmeal cupcake really, but a little more fun, dressed-up this way!

Of course, for you singletons out there, this will be perfect- just as it was for me! And everyone else? Well, you will have to do a little bit of math and start filling a cake tray- because these simple little cakes are lovely... and as nice as it was to enjoy it by myself- it would be a much nicer thing to be able to share them!



The best thing about these is that they are healthy, filling, not too sweet and really tasty at the same time.

Oh- and that they are done in 30 minutes- without you needing any kind of machine... making them perfect breakfast-time treats!


 

So- for each little cake you want to make you will need: I heaped tablespoon each of flour and oatmeal respectively, 1 teaspoon of ground pistachios, 1 teaspoon of honey, a few walnuts and cranberries (to taste), 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1-2 tablespoons of water... and of course, banana! 1/2 of a nice, ripe banana adds plenty of sweetness and rich flavor- and makes for a super chewy, moist and yummy little cake! I used a little olive oil to grease my baking form, as I like the flavor when the nuts and oatmeal bake in it- but feel free to use a little butter or spray if you prefer. But that was it! Healthy stuff, no worries about indulging- and a good thing all-round...yay!

 

And as you can see- the result speaks for itself- fluffy, chewy and obviously full of flavor- without any of the "bad" stuff... so of course, that means... it has just got to be good!

 

Simply mash 1/2 of the banana with a fork until it becomes a smooth paste and then stir it together with the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and cinnamon.

 
 
Add the cranberries and walnuts (I chopped mine up a little), the ground pistachio and the honey and work them into the mix.

 

Add the lemon juice and just enough water- 1-2 tablespoons, to make the batter soft and "smooth".

 

Spoon the mixture into your greased or buttered baking tray/dish/form, whatever and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for approximately 30 minutes. 

 

After which time it will look like this!

 

I decorated mine by sprinkling it with more ground pistachios whilst it was nice and hot- then added a few slices of banana and a trickle of honey... and enjoyed mine nice and warm from the oven!

 

I kind-of wish I had made it a little bigger, come to think about it- hehe!


You like banana/walnut muffins? You'll love this! And it is so much better for you than those things with all that butter and sugar- trust me!

 

In fact... I definitely wish I had made a larger one... or more of them... because it was simply delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment